When You Change Your Mind, You Will Change Your Life!!! By Lakeisha Stringfellow


Lakeisha Stringfellow- Author, Speaker, and Marketplace Mentor 

I have battled with my weight for the last 20 years. Now listen, I am only 25, so don’t try and do the math, you’ll never figure it out.  LOL! I remember having the perfect “coke bottle” shape in my younger days, but after my first son and side effects with the Depo Provera shot, all of that changed. At first, I didn’t really notice it.  But four children later, I found myself at almost a whopping 300 pounds. I was so uncomfortable and dealt with a lot of digestive issues as well as knee pain.  I am only 5’ 7” and by medical definition, I am considered ‘Morbidly Obese’.  I couldn’t even wrap my mind around that diagnosis after seeing the Gastroenterologist. My cholesterol was borderline “high”, acid reflux was trying to kill me, I had severe anxiety and depression issues.  LORD, I felt like I was dying.

At the end of 2016, I had enough.  I started to consider everything that I wanted.  All the things that God had called me to do, and the people that I needed to reach.  It was time for me to focus on ME, because if I wasn’t healthy, how would I be able to help anyone else. Being healthy starts in the mind. Think of some of the things that can cause you to overeat.  Most times, it’s something that you are dealing with emotionally or spiritually. 

I had to deal with the whole issue and not just the surface.  The weight is just a physical sign of all the emotional and spiritual battles that you are dealing with, in my opinion.  Once I began to take a deep look at me and who "LaKeisha" was, that’s when the healing started taking place. The weight and making healthier choices didn’t seem like a giant anymore.  I began to examine who I was and why I was in this unhealthy state.  I started speaking differently and talking positive to myself.  I journal more consistently and I begin to read more often. You must know how to get help you if you’re going to help someone else. It was then that my eyes were awakened to all the things that I had buried. I buried various life experiences which in turn caused me to have poor eating habits. 

But here I am today in 2017, alive and well!  I feel better than I have in a very long time.  I can sleep at night.  I no longer suffer from insomnia and panic attacks that wake me up from my sleep.  I feel like I have control over my thoughts, I can focus and I have clearer visions.  

I know by now, you are thinking, HOW? Lakeisha, just get to the point”.  Here are 5 quick points to help you:
  • Stop the negative self- talk. You must start speaking it for it to get in your heart and mind.
  • Make daily affirmations. This builds self-confidence and determination.
  • Change what you watch and who you listen to. Know your strengths and weaknesses. Don’t let someone talk you out of your goals. Don’t watch a lot of television.
  • Detox. Research different ways to get toxins of your mind, body, and spirit.
  • Enjoy the journey. Don’t set unrealistic goals for yourself, it makes it harder. Find foods that you can eat and enjoy. There are so many healthy recipes that will help you enjoy food. Spend some quality time with yourself. 
I pray that you are inspired to Change YOUR mind, so that you can change YOUR LIFE!!!

To Connect with Lakeisha Stringfellow click on the link Below

http://www.lakeishastringfellow.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's Why You Should Take A Mental Break

How to Stay Mentally and Physically Healthy In Spite of this World's Hatred and Violence

How Chicago Nurse Darvece Monson Turns Her Pain Into A Passion To Help Others fight Kidney Disease....